IJPR  articles are Indexed in SCOPUS (2010 - 2021)Click Here     *Five Years Citation in Google scholar (2016 - 2020) is. 1451*        Now IJPR is Q2 in SJR Ranking     Scopus Coverage of IJPR (2010-2021 Issue 1)            

logo

INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PHARMACEUTICAL RESEARCH

A Step Towards Excellence

IJPR included in UGC-Approved List of Journals - Ref. No. is SL. No. 4812 & J. No. 63703

Published by : Advanced Scientific Research
ISSN
0975-2366
Current Issue
Article In Press
No Data found.
ADOBE READER

(Require Adobe Acrobat Reader to open, If you don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader)

Index Page 1
Click here to Download
IJPR 9[3] July - September 2017 Special Issue

July - September 9[3] 2017

Click to download
 

Article Detail

Label
Label
Awareness On Biowarfare Among General Public - A Survey

Author: AMIRTHA VARSHINI, R.V. GEETHA, LAKSHMINARAYANAN ARIVARASU
Abstract: Biological warfare agents include microorganisms or biological toxins that are used to produce death or disease in humans, animals and plants. Biological warfare has been waged intermittently for nearly 2,500 years and the deliberate use of microorganisms and toxins as weapons has been attempted throughout the history. Biological warfare has evolved from the crude use of cadavers to contaminate water supplies to the development of specialized munitions for battlefield and covert use. Desirable biological weapons are characterized by low visibility, high potency, and relatively easy delivery. The employment of biowarfare is not limited to war alone, but can occur at any time, at any place and by anyone. They can be employed as weapons of mass destruction. During the past century, the progress made in biotechnology and biochemistry has simplified the development and production of such weapons.The choice of the biowarfare agent depends on the economic, technical, and financial capabilities of the state or organization.The threat of bioterrorism is real and significant. The aim of the present study is to assess the awareness level on Biowarfare among the general public.A questionnaire based survey was conducted among 100 individuals through an online setting. Results were analysed statistically through SPSS software. In this study, we come to know that 75% of them are aware of biowarfare and the remaining 25% are not aware. Biowarfare preparedness is the need of the day. So the education on biowarfare is much required to the public.
Keyword: Biowarfare; awareness; general public;bioweapons.
DOI: https://doi.org/10.31838/ijpr/2021.13.01.246
Download: Request For Article
 




ONLINE SUBMISSION
USER LOGIN


Username
Password
Login | Register
News & Events
SCImago Journal & Country Rank

Terms and Conditions
Disclaimer
Refund Policy
Instrucations for Subscribers
Privacy Policy

Copyrights Form

0.12
2018CiteScore
 
8th percentile
Powered by  Scopus
Google Scholar

hit counters free