IJPR  articles are Indexed in SCOPUS (2010 - 2021)Click Here     *Five Years Citation in Google scholar (2016 - 2020) is. 1451*        Now IJPR is Q2 in SJR Ranking     Scopus Coverage of IJPR (2010-2021 Issue 1)            

logo

INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PHARMACEUTICAL RESEARCH

A Step Towards Excellence

IJPR included in UGC-Approved List of Journals - Ref. No. is SL. No. 4812 & J. No. 63703

Published by : Advanced Scientific Research
ISSN
0975-2366
Current Issue
Article In Press
No Data found.
ADOBE READER

(Require Adobe Acrobat Reader to open, If you don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader)

Index Page 1
Click here to Download
IJPR 9[3] July - September 2017 Special Issue

July - September 9[3] 2017

Click to download
 

Article Detail

Label
Label
Alveoloplasty and oral rehabilitation - an institution based retrospective study

Author: ROGHITH KANNAN, MADHULAXMI MARIMUTHU, REVATHI DURAISAMY
Abstract: Alveoloplasty is one of the common pre prosthetic surgical procedures done to enable a functionally and esthetically acceptable prosthesis . The aim of the present study was to retrospectively analyse the gender distribution for need of alveoloplasty and the frequency of oral rehabilitation among these patients. A single centre retrospective study was done from June 2019 – March 2020. Out of 2368 patients who underwent extraction of their teeth, 455 patients had undergone full mouth extraction. Among them 121 patients needed alveoloplasty. Data of these patients were retrieved from the department of Oral and maxillofacial surgery and their oral rehabilitation records from the department of Prosthodontics. Once the data was obtained and verified with the help of photographs, it was statistically analyzed using SPSS by IBM version 20. Out of 121 patients, 51.2% (62) were males and 48.7% (59) were females who had undergone alveoloplasty post extraction and prosthesis had been fabricated and inserted in 54 individuals (44.6%) and the remaining 67 (55.4%) individuals did not receive prosthesis. The huge discrepancy in the number of patients who undergo full mouth extraction and alveoloplasty versus the number of patients who actually receive prosthetic rehabilitation is an important and noteworthy finding. Inspite of the fact that lack of teeth is a major morbidity both functionally and esthetically, there remains a lacunae unexplained why not all patients received prosthetic rehabilitation. Further multicentered studies with larger sample size are needed to gain a better understanding of this novel study and also aid to formulate a guideline for alveoloplasty needs and oral rehabilitation to help the entire dental community as well as the society.
Keyword: Alveoloplasty, Oral rehabilitation, Prosthesis
DOI: https://doi.org/10.31838/ijpr/2021.13.01.205
Download: Request For Article
 




ONLINE SUBMISSION
USER LOGIN


Username
Password
Login | Register
News & Events
SCImago Journal & Country Rank

Terms and Conditions
Disclaimer
Refund Policy
Instrucations for Subscribers
Privacy Policy

Copyrights Form

0.12
2018CiteScore
 
8th percentile
Powered by  Scopus
Google Scholar

hit counters free